Helping Find and Keep Successful Employees
GOALS works in Kansas communities developing innovative strategies to Stabilize, Train, Place and Sustain motivated participants. We partner with local organizations and employers to match participants with labor market opportunities and provide ongoing skill development for career advancement.
GOALS is Employer- and Labor-market-driven
Our 360-degree approach engages participants, employers, service partners and “GO teams” in successful employment outcomes. GO teams are dynamic and nimble, responding to real-time employer needs and matching them with skilled, motivated participants.
As part of the GOALS program, participants receive training in job-seeking skills including preparing applications and resumes, effective interviewing, life-skill development, and job retention skills. Training may also be tailored to meet labor market demands.
Our Commitment to Employers
We will . . .
- Help recruit and retain the type of skilled, reliable employees you need;
- Welcome your engagement in all phases of the GOALS project, Stabilize, Train, Place and Sustain;
- Recognize and respect your limitations in working with new employees;
- Support your investment in the GOALS project so that it contributes positively to your bottom line; and,
- Work in partnership toward better outcomes for your organization and your community.
If you are an employer interested in finding out how GOALS can work for you, please contact Eric Hunt at Eric.Hunt@ks.gov.